About

Thứ Bảy, 20 tháng 9, 2014

BÁNH XÈO (Vietnamese Pancake – The Raining day)

I was a child, every time the cold of the winter is nearby, my sister and I usually insisted our mom on making pancake, a famous and familiar food in Vietnam. Winter when I was ten is the most memorable time. In that year, rains seemed never the end and we got the greatest chance to eat the cake freely. While it rained heavily outside, we were enjoying our sweet pancake in our sweet home.

Eat Pancake in the winter of Vietnam
Vietnamese Pancake
In the morning, my mom cleaned rice and poured it into the bowl, then added the water to the rice until the seeds became bigger and softer. Afterwards, my sister and I took the bowl to the miller to make them into flour. Later on, my mother again added a little of water to the flour, mixed them with eggs, a spoon of turmeric and that is how to make the pan cake batter. I remembered that my sister is always interested in stirring that mixture.
My mother did almost everything likes cooking meat and shrimp with sauce, cleaning vegetables, washing bean sprouts, making gravy. Sometimes, we asked mom “what’s this?”, “what is it used for?” or ate one piece of meat on the sly.
Vietnamese central Pancake with vegetables
Central Pancake
The cake was continuously cooked no matter how sweats fell on her face. She poured a large spoon of the mixture onto the hot greased frying pan, added some shrimps in the middle of the pan cake, some bean sprouts over and cooked them in closed pan. After 2 or 3 minutes, when it was cooked, mom folded it double, took it onto the dish. We quickly ran to the table while trying to smell deeply the sweet scent of that cake. Rolling the pancake with vegetables by rice paper wrappers, we tasted the food with hot and salty gravy. I will never forget that crispy, sour and sweet pan cake. That’s amazing!
How to eat Vietnamese Pancake- Banh xeo
How to east Pancake
When I grow up, there are a lot of food stalls where pancake is served. However, it’s no way more delicious than the cake made by my mom – The cake which is full of family love.”love.”

0 nhận xét :

Đăng nhận xét